This particular band saw has a patented blade guard that can be adjusted for a fast and easy changing of the blades. The table of the band saw is also equipped with rack and pinion alteration for a better to 45 degrees. It also has a blade tracking window. The blade tension lever can be easily released for making the blade change easy and quick. The blade range has a measurement of about 1/8 Inch to 3/8 Inch for an elevated cutting and that too scrolled one resawing.
- It has a original blade protector with alterations for firm and pressure-free blade exchange
- Has a blade depth variety that upsurges the flexibility for coil cutting and re-sawing.
Review on the POWERTEC BS900 Band Saw
The best part of this particular band saw is that the setting of the same is very easy and takes very less time. Moreover, the band saw starts immediately after the setting up of the same. The metal pulley that comes with this particular band saw is steadily secured to the motor shaft. The instructions that came with it are easy to read and that makes up the set up easier. The band saw might look very small but the work is does is pretty amazing and even has those features that you would find in a costly band saw. If you want a band saw that would cut through easily without much problem then this is a good one.
The blades of the band saw can be changed easily thanks to its patented blade guard adjustments. Gone are those days when you would have to struggle to change the blade of a band saw. The blades are very sturdy and provide a good on the material. Your worries of getting the material cut can be left off. Though you might find that the thing vibrates but the manual clearly mentions that it needs to be bolted down. So, it is very important to follow the instructions. But another thing is that if the same continues to bother you even after bolting or clamping down the same then there is nothing to worry because the vibration doesn’t affect the performance of the band saw in any way. If you love those small and handy projects then nothing can be better than this band saw.
- The price of the band saw is reasonable.
- The instructions in the band saw are very easy to read.
- The band saw is very tough.
- The cut provided by the band saw is very good.
- The blades are pretty good.
- Setting up of the band saw takes less time and is very easy.
- It is great for small projects.
- The band saw gets hot very easily. So, that might be a source of problem for some customers.
- Some customers have expresses their concern of the band saw vibrating. This might be because of the band saw being not clamped down. Do read the instructions carefully because it will be helpful.
- It isn’t ideal for heavy duty projects.
Overall, it can be said that the band saw is a really nice and compact one with a reasonable price. It has all the features that aren’t really expected from a cheap priced band saw. If you want to make a small project or you are somebody who is a hobbyist when it comes down to carpentry then nothing can be better than this band saw. It doesn’t have any such flaws that make it less desirable, rather it has qualities that can surely win the heart of the customer buying this particular band saw.
Latest posts by Tina (see all)
- DEWALT DWS535 7 1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw Review - September 28, 2015
- SKIL 5680-02 Circular Saw with Laser Cutline & Safety Lock - June 1, 2015
- DEWALT DW744XRS Precise & Portable Table Saw - June 1, 2015