The table saw has hypoid gears with heated treatment that are efficient and powerful with a better amount of surface contact in comparison to the other worm drive gears and it allows a performance of longer duration. Its motor power is about 15 AMP for an elevated productivity. It is self-equipped and comes with oil bath technology that helps in less maintenance and additionally comes with sealed gear housing. The beveled capacity of the table saw is about 0º to 51.5º and with positive stops of about 45º and 51.5º which is perfect for rafter cut-outs and truss.
- The bevel capacity of the saw is about 0º – 51.5º with positive stops at 45º and 51.5º is ideal for truss and rafter cut-outs.
- It has oil bath technology and is equipped with a sealed gear housing for less amount of maintenance
- The hypoid gears are efficient enough to deliver more power and a greater amount of surface contact than the orthodox worm drive gears.
- The power motor of the saw is about 15 AMP motor for an amplified output.
Review on the Makita 5477NB Table Saw
This particular table saw can be used and reused number of times without any glitch like you would expect from the same. The weight and precise cutting provided by the table saw is said to be one of the best by the customers. If you have worm drivers then you would know how powerful those can be but at the same time you might have experienced the weight of the same. The table saw here in question has a weight that could make any carpenter or a specialist love it. The design of the same also makes it a sought after table saw in the market.
You can easily use the saw for small construction, fixing and framing purpose (like you always wanted your saw would do back home). It actually serves the need for a home based wood cutting. The button that comes for the blade changing lock is made of plastic and this might be a bit of a problem who wants such a thing to be made of metal. Another thing that needs special mention is the price of the table saw and that is really reasonable for such an advanced one.
- The price of the table saw is reasonable.
- No need of changing the oils regularly.
- The saw motor is very powerful.
- It is light in weight compared to the other worm drivers.
- The blades might get loose at times and you will need to retighten the same.
- Starting the saw might get rigid at first but with time things will get normal.
Overall, this is a table saw which is not only strong but is very powerful at the same time. Although it is a bit weighty but that is one feature that every individual wants in their table saw. The best part of buying this particular table saw is the price for which it comes. It comes with every other accompaniment that makes it a good choice on the part of the table saw.
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- Best Table Saw Under 1000 - September 14, 2015
- DEWALT DWS780 Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review - June 1, 2015
- Makita 5477NB 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw Review - June 1, 2015